Archive for August, 2009
The 3X Systems Backup appliance is a great way to automatically backup a collection of PCs and servers across the Internet at reasonable cost.
We tested version 2.1.6 in August 2009 on a small network of Windows clients and servers.
Windows agents available for 2000 and later versions, including both servers and 64-bit OS’s.
• Easy to setup and operate
• Simple and effective offsite backups
• Can scale up storage as disk requirements grow
• Only Windows agents supported
• Require recent browser versions such as IE v7 and Firefox v2
• Restoring full domain controller or specific email messages could be easier
Price: base system starts at $2,495.00
1275 Kinnear Road, Columbus Ohio 43212
A fairly sophisticated messaging server that has wide-ranging policy management for data leak protection, message encryption, email sender reputation, and message routing purposes.
Price: Less than $13 per user, with a minimum of 1000 users.
- Very complex message routing processes can be constructed for a wide variety of purposes
- Compliance and governance can be built into messaging infrastructure
- Sendmail is a leading email server software and supports a large number of third-party applications
- Still some integration into a single Web server for management purposes
- Policies can be fairly complex and require careful debugging
Version 4.0 was tested on a small network in August 2009.
6475 Christie Ave., Suite 350
Emeryville, CA 94608